Hello all, Since Apple approved our app “What the Hell?!”, I am surprised to see the number downloads. Initially I though I will not get any sort of traffic unless I start marketing (which I plan to, after release of the android version). We have received 495 downloads since the launch (17th of July 2014). Also, happy to see people showing interest in the game.
We have been working on the Android version of the App. Thanks to the awesome framework “cocos2d-x”, the coding part was easy. Apart from the fact that iOS allows minor mistakes, and android does not (for example: iOS is happy if we do not initialize a boolean variable, but android starts crying ), it was a smooth ride. However, looking back at what I ended up learning during this process, my knowledge base has expanded unbelievably. I have learned the following:
- Apple’s XCode
- “cocos2d-x” as a game engine
- “Box 2D” as a physics engine
- “Tile Map Editor” as a level designer
- “WBTMXTool” : Tilemap file HD/SD converter
- “Texture Packer” to package sprites into sheet
- “Physics Editor” to vertex around physics bodies visually
- “Soola” for In-App purchase
- “AdMob” for Monetizing app
Thanks all and keep in touch.